Growing as a person is interconnected with developing as a professional
Particularly in the direct sales and MLM industries. When the body of your business is selling goods and services that have the potential to change people’s lives in meaningful ways, you can’t help but to grow as well – particularly to sell effectively.
It’s a career that almost always requires venturing beyond one’s comfort zone, taking on all facets of running a business while establishing meaningful relationships with clients.
While that might seem intimidating, the good news is that becoming more effective in MLM involves traits that carry over into other parts of life.
Here are some of the best skills and traits to develop for both personal and professional success:
- Anyone who’s been self-employed can attest to how critical it is to have self-discipline to succeed.
- While the flexibility of self-employment is alluring, it also means you have to be motivated and controlled enough to set and keep deadlines, to go beyond the comfortable and familiar, and to push past once-debilitating fears and concerns.
- Learn to make lists, set measurable goals, and get things done even when it’s the last thing you really would like to do.
- The value of communicating effectively can’t be underplayed.
- If you can’t help others catch your vision and understand your selling points, then you won’t be able to lead others to a point that would benefit you and them.
- A common practice to lead people through your thought process is to tell them up front what you’re going to say, say it, and then summarize/clarify what was said (subtly, of course).
- Keep in mind that people’s minds process series of three well.
- Not taking no for an answer is too far to one extreme, but so is shrugging your shoulders and walking away from a potential sale.
- Find middle ground by developing a tenacious determination to see a project or sale through.
- Sticking to opportunities – especially the ones that don’t automatically come together without effort – shows strength of character. That’s something you can’t put a price tag on.
Create the Life You Want to Live,
Juanita ~ Evolving Naturally